Homegrown's Best Autoflowering Seeds Australia
These plants are made by infusing light-independent traits in a photoperiod plant's genome. This results in a variety that automatically flowers after a short vegetative period of 2-4 weeks. Instead of only one batch, you could grow several batches in different months, thus resulting in larger overall yields. Homegrown Cannabis Co. offers carefully crafted auto-flowering varieties of the most coveted strains in the world. By crossing it with highly stable Ruderalis strains, the progeny not only retains desirable traits but also have significantly shorter flowering time.
Why Grow with Autoflowering Seeds
Compared to regular, feminized, and fast version seeds, autos offer numerous advantages.
- Higher Yields in less time. On per plant or per square meter basis, autos cannot match the production of photos. However, you could plant up to 3, and sometimes 4 batches in a year. Hence, it is possible to harvest a larger overall yield annually.
- Beginner-friendly. On the one hand, autos could not tolerate stress and injuries. Its extremely rapid growth rate simply does not afford it time to recover. However, the shorter time it takes to fully mature also translates to less tedious cultivation, and fewer chances of mistakes.
- Small and discreet. Auto-flowering plants feature a compact stature, with many barely reaching 60cm. Thus, it can easily fit in tight spaces such as grow cabinets. It also offers discreetness that keeps your plants away from prying eyes.
- Tamer THC levels. Ruderalis plants have low THC levels. So, it slightly lowers the potency of the photoperiod strain. While this could be seen as a disadvantage, the tamer psychoactive effects could suit your preference for a variety that does not overwhelm.
- Autos Can Produce High Yields Too. Given its compact stature and short life cycle, an auto-flowering plant can only produce 100 to 250 grams of buds on average. Nonetheless, starting two or three grows in a year results in higher overall yields, outperforming photoperiod plants.
For instance, Homegrown Cannabis Co. provides Amnesia Kush in two types of seeds. The feminized version can produce up to 800 grams per plant. On the other hand, the auto-flowering variety yields only up to 350 grams. If you were to start three times in a given year, then the overall yield would be well over 1000 grams.
Fuss-Free Light Cycle
During the vegetative stage, the general practice is to expose plants to 18/6 or 20/4 light schedule. Triggering the flowering phase is by switching to 12/12. Autos do not require you to change the light cycle. In essence, it follows only one schedule throughout the growth. About the only thing you do is to change the lamp to one that is appropriate - such as HPS during the bloom stage.
Some people push it to up to 24 hours of light exposure a day. However, this is not recommended as it does not increase productivity meaningfully. In fact, inducing short breaks of darkness is beneficial as it gives the plant time to rest. Moreover, running the lights 24/7 will undoubtedly incur costly electricity bill.
Growing Autoflowering Seeds Best Practices
Auto strains are generally beginner-friendly. Moreover, cultivating does not entail much work since it only needs tending for 8 to 10 weeks to go from seed to harvest. To ensure optimal growth and development of flowers, here are some tips and factors that merit consideration.
- Set Up a Conducive Growing Environment: In general, autos thrive in warm and dry environments with temperatures ranging from 24 to 30°C. Meanwhile, humidity levels are best kept at 40 to 50% to prevent mold and pathogen proliferation.
- Prevent Stressing or Injuring the Plants: Autos may not fully recover from stress and injuries. When wounded, the plant's energy gets redirected into mending the injured part instead of producing buds, thereby reducing the yields. For this reason, high-stress training methods should be avoided. On the other hand, LST techniques such as bending can be done to improve yields, provided you do so carefully and not too frequently.
- Avoid Excessive Feeding: Autos are small plants that spend so little time in the vegetative phase. As such, it does not need loads of nutrients. Feed it lightly and go easy on providing nitrogen. Otherwise, it might cause nutrient burns, which, in turn, could hamper development.
- Harvest It Gradually: Harvest the buds sequentially by snipping the top colas first. Then, allow more time for the lower buds to soak in the light and fully develop before harvesting it next. Doing so prevents picking immature flowers.
Where to Buy the Best Autoflowering Seeds
The best way to buy auto-flowering seeds is to visit a reputable dispensary or head shop. In the absence of a local store or the availability of a preferred strain, the next best option is to obtain the seeds from Homegrown Cannabis Co. The autos found in this seed bank are products of years of development. Each strain has undergone several generations and only added to the catalog once a stable mother emerges, bearing the desired traits. More importantly, the seeds produced are guaranteed to contain reliable genetics, thus making it possible for you to grow healthy, highly productive plants. One of the things that you could expect is to receive authentic seeds. On appearance, it is impossible to identify the type of strain, and if it is indeed an auto. Homegrown Cannabis Co. takes pride in delivering genuine products 100% of the time. Choosing an auto could also be challenging as the selection is quite intensive. Be sure to take a look at the mixpacks, which bundles 3 varieties in one inexpensive pack.
Most Popular Autoflowering Seeds
Homegrown Cannabis Co. offers nothing but the best auto-flowering seeds. Among the most popular strains are the following:
- Super Silver Haze Auto: Impatient Haze lovers will surely love the auto-flowering variety of the classic Super Silver Haze. It retains the signature psychedelic high and prolific resin production of the original, but with an expedited growth rate. Thus, making it possible to harvest 300 grams per square meter of flavorful buds 10-12 weeks after germination.
- Amnesia Kush Auto: Amnesia Kush Auto is favored for aromatic, flavorful, and resin-caked buds. It is also a popular introductory strain because of its ease of cultivation, robustness, and lightning-fast growth rate. This auto only needs 8 to 10 weeks from germination to produce 500 grams of buds per square meter.
- Auto CBD Critical Mass: This strain is a staple in every medicinal patient's stash - and for good reasons. Auto CBD Critical Mass combines three important traits into one genetic masterpiece: fast growth rate, high CBD content, and prolific yields. With this autoflowering version, patients battling various health conditions need not wait long to experience relief.
- Banana Kush Auto: Those with a penchant for tasty strains will surely enjoy Banana Kush Auto's rich tropical flavor and powerful body-centric high. Growers, on the other hand, will take delight in its hardy, fast-growing nature. Under optimal conditions, it can yield 550 grams of flavorful buds per square meter in as fast as 10 weeks.
- Devil XXL Auto: With Devil XXL Auto, growers could expect heavy yields of aromatic buds in just 10 weeks. It appeals to even the most discerning connoisseurs with its intense euphoric effect perfectly balanced by a profound relaxing sensation that imparts a pleasant, dreamy state of mind.
Need Help With Your Marijuana Seeds?
Growing marijuana can be intimidating at first. But with proper guidance and the right knowledge, it can be easily done even with little to no experience in cannabis cultivation. Homegrown Cannabis Co. provides comprehensive grow guides covering topics on every aspect of growing healthy cannabis plants - from germination up to post-processing. Moreover, a dedicated online support team can provide expert opinion should there be questions not covered the guides. As a customer, the relationship does not end once a transaction begins. Instead, it is only the beginning as every step of the way, the team behind has your back covered.